Pear & Pecan Salad
Write a review
- 2 oz. blue cheese, such as Roquefort or Gorgonzola, or herb goat cheese
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or light cream
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 medium pears
- 2/3 cup Sunnyland Small Pecan Pieces, lightly toasted
- In a bowl, using a fork, mash cheese and buttermilk to make a smooth paste. Whisk in oil, vinegar, salt and pepper until creamy.
- Divide salad greens among individual salad plates. Peel pears, if desired; cut into quarters and remove cores. Cut into thin lengthwise slices. Arrange over salad greens. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pecans.
- Serve immediately. Serves 6 - 8.
- Recipe Picture from cheeseyesplease.com
Sunnyland Farms https://www.sunnylandfarms.com/