Almond Stuffed Figs
Sunnyland Dried Mission Figs or
Sunnyland Sweet Sierra Figs
Sunnyland Toasted & Salted Almonds or
Sunnyland Toasted & Salted Pecan Halves
Blue Cheese Crumbles
Sunnyland Pure Gallberry Honey
For a quick appetizer or afternoon snack….
- Take your favorite dried fig and cut in half length wise.
- Stuff with pecan half or almond.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey.
- Finish with a sprinkle of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
*topping variations can include crispy, chopped bacon, dash of cayenne, or you can always substitute a delicious Pecan Half instead of the almonds, yum!
Dried dates are cut in half, spread with blue cheese, and topped with almonds. Delicious one-bite appetizers.
2 oz blue cheese
12 Sunnyland Medjhul Dates, pitted and cut into half lengthwise
1/2 Sunnyland Whole or Sliced Almonds
In a small bowl, mix the cheese until creamy with a hand mixer. You may need to add a few drops of milk if the cheese is crumbly. Set aside.
Place the dates on a serving platter. Using a knife, spread about 1 teaspoon of cheese on the cut side of each date. Top with 1 almond. Sprinkle the stuffed dates with a dash of cayenne pepper and serve.
Shared from cdkitchen.com