Spinach Salad with Apples, Pecans & Chicken
No reviews yet. To leave a review, please log in.
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 Tbsp stone ground mustard
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 (6 ounce) pkg fresh baby spinach leaves
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup diced celery
2 medium Red Delicious apples
1/2 cup red onion, choppedf
3/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/2 cup Sunnyland Toasted Pecan Halves
orange sections (optional)
- For the dressing, zest one orange to measure 2 teaspoons zest.
- Juice oranges to measure 1/2 cup juice.
- Combine orange zest, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper and pressed garlic; whisk until smooth.
- While continuously whisking, add orange juice in a thin, steady stream; set dressing aside.
- For the salad, place spinach in bottom of large serving bowl.
- Dice chicken and celery. Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Cut each apple half into small pieces. Chop onion.
- Layer chicken, celery, apples, onion, cranberries and pecans, if desired, over spinach.
- To serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Top with orange segments (if you want to add this, you will need at least 1 extra orange) and Whole-Grain Croutons, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Picture by Sue at food.com