Walnut Wheat Muffins
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 1/4 tsp. double-acting baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. Sunnyland Gallberry Honey
- 1 cup Sunnyland Small English Walnut Pieces, lightly toasted
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt. Stir in wheat germ.
- In a small bowl beat together egg, milk, honey; add this mixture and the walnuts to the flour mixture. Stir until it is just combined.
- Let batter stand for 5 minutes; spoon into 12 buttered 1/3-cup muffin tins, filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake muffins in the middle of a preheated 400° oven for 20 minutes, or until they are puffed and golden brown. Turn out onto a rack. Yield: 12 muffins.
- Recipe Picture by livinglou.com
Sunnyland Farms https://www.sunnylandfarms.com/