Butternut Squash With Walnuts
Write a review
- 2 butternut squash, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Sunnyland Small English Walnut Pieces, Toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place squash, cut side down, in 13” x 9” x 2” glass baking dish. Pour water over squash. Bake until skin on squash is blistered and brown and flesh is tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn squash cut side up. Cool slightly. Scoop out flesh and transfer to medium bowl, leaving 1/3’’ shell. Mash flesh. Add butter and stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon squash back into shells. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve. Yield: 4 servings.
- Recipe Picture by cookingwithbarryandmeta.blogspot.com
Sunnyland Farms https://www.sunnylandfarms.com/