Tomatoes Stuffed With Spinach, Raisins And Almonds
Write a review
- 4 large tomatoes, hollowed out
- 2 lbs. fresh spinach, (or 2 cups frozen)
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Sunnyland Raisins
- 2 Tbsp. Sunnyland Slivered Almonds
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Steam spinach for a minute or two until wilted. Drain in a colander; press out water. Chop spinach coarsely.
- Pour olive oil into a heavy pot, add garlic and stir 2 - 3 minutes over medium heat. Add raisins and almonds, and cook two minutes. Add spinach and pepper.
- Spoon into hollowed-out tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese, and brown lightly under broiler or in oven. Serves 4 to 6.
Sunnyland Farms https://www.sunnylandfarms.com/