Almond Fruit Stuffed Chicken
Write a review
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tsp. orange peel, grated
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups day-old bread, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 cup Sunnyland Fruit Compote, finely chopped
- 1 cup Sunnyland Slivered Almonds
- 1 (6 to 7 lb.) roasting chicken
- In small saucepan, stir together corn syrup, peel, orange juice and butter. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- In large bowl, stir together bread cubes, fruit and almonds. Add 1/2 cup of orange mixture; toss to coat well.
- Spoon stuffing into chicken; truss. Roast in 325° oven about 25 minutes per lb. or until meat thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 165°. During last 1/2 hr. of roasting, brush chicken with remaining orange mixture. Serves 6 - 8.
- Recipe Picture from yummly.com
Sunnyland Farms https://www.sunnylandfarms.com/