Pumpkin Spice Cookies With Lemon Icing
Write a review
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned or fresh cooked
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup Sunnyland Raisins
- 1 cup Sunnyland Small Pecan Pieces
Ingredients (for the lemon icing)
- (see instructions below)
- Cream shortening; gradually beat in sugar. Add eggs and pumpkin; mix well. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices together; add to pumpkin mixture; mix well. Add raisins and nuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets; bake at 350° about 15 minutes. (until firm to touch). Remove from sheets; cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
- For the icing, combine 2 cups confectioners’ sugar with 1 Tbsp. EACH lemon juice and grated lemon peel. Add just enough cream to make icing spreadable.
- Recipe Picture from recipebridge.com
Sunnyland Farms https://www.sunnylandfarms.com/