Fig Thumbprint Cookies
Write a review
- 8 ounces Sunnyland Mission Figs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Combine the figs and water in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, cover, reduce to a simmer and allow the water to boil until the figs have absorbed it.
- Transfer the figs to a food processor and pulse, scraping down the bowl occasionally, until the mixture is completely smooth. Set aside and allow the filling to cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg yolks, vanilla extract and orange zest. Add flour and salt and mix until incorporated. Form dough into
- 1-inch balls and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Press down in the center of the dough with your thumb to make a small well in the center of each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- If the indentation looks shallow, press down gently again to make the indentation deeper. Fill each with approximately 1/2 teaspoon pureed figs.
- Place baking sheet back in the oven to further cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until edges are lightly golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet to firm up before moving the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Recipe Picture by Joanie on zagleft.com
Sunnyland Farms https://www.sunnylandfarms.com/