Brown Rice Salad with Fresh & Dried Apricots
Write a review
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Sunnyland Sliced Almonds
- 3 Tbsp. flavorless vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Sunnyland Dried Apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tender pale green celery leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh apricots (about 1 pound), pitted and chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions. Let stand, uncovered, until cool. Spread almonds on a baking sheet; toast in a 350° oven until golden, about 5 - 10 minutes. Watch closely to keep from scorching. Let cool.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooled rice, dried apricots, onions, celery and celery leaves. Toss to coat.
- Just before serving, add fresh apricots. Gently toss to blend. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve. Serves 6 - 8.
- Recipe Picture from levanacooks.com
Sunnyland Farms https://www.sunnylandfarms.com/